Dart 5K Challenge and a DOG?

This morning Lance, Deveri and Orson ran the Davis Dart 5k Challenge. Everyone had a great race. The weather was cool and wet, but perfect for a race. Lance made a deal with his Dad that if he trained this summer and ran a 5k in 25 minutes that we would get a dog that he could take care of and run with. Well, on his first attempt he clocked a 25:02, which we determined was fast enough. I guess we should have made it harder. So the process of finding the right dog has begun. Any advice in the process of choosing the right breed for us would be appreciated.

Deveri also had a great race improving her best recent time by several minutes and Orson placed 3rd in his age category running an 18:09.

Here's an update: After the results were posted online, we noticed that Deveri actually got 2nd in her age group with the time of 25:45, but they accidentally skipped over her and gave the medals to 2 ladies who finished much later! Lance finished the dreaded 4th place (again!) in his age group, but would have been 1st had it been 11 and under (instead of 12).








Comments

Caralee said…
Wow! Good job you guys and way to go Lance! We wish you luck with finding the right dog- don't worry, dogs are so easy to love!
jen said…
Nice job guys! I'm so impressed! We don't have a good dog record. We've given two of them away. Your kids are the perfect age for one. When Jason was 11 he picked radishes for a few months so he could earn a dog. He loved it and took great care of it. I think it's awesome that you guys had him work for it. I love Labs! Have fun looking!

fyi.. Caleb invited Kurt to his "late night" party (ended at 10:00). He put an invite on your door, but he went and took the invite off later after he saw that you weren't home. We'll have to have another late night sometime so Kurt can come!
You are all amazing! I can't believe Lance did it on his first try. That is one determined kid! And you are one nice mom! I hope that you find the perfect dog.
Shauna said…
Way to go Deveri and crew! That's awesome! You'll have to give me pointers on how to run short. I've only ever been a long distance runner, so this whole 5K running is new to me. It would be fun to run a race together some time!